Crisis Responders are at the core of our ministry. Without them, we could not effect change in our communities and those nearby. Crisis Response Ministry volunteers are men and women of various ages and backgrounds committed to be God’s hands and feet to their neighbors in need. Our volunteers are trained to identify crises of various types and respond with Godly compassion and practical support.
WHEN THE WORLD TURNS UPSIDE DOWN...
What does it take to offer a cup of cold water in Jesus’ name? It always takes a willing heart, it often takes feet that will go, and it sometimes takes training as well. Our Crisis Responders are trained to identify needs of our neighbors in crisis as well as to meet those needs. We train and prepare to equip ourselves to better meet the needs we encounter.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Learn how to provide physical, emotional, and spiritual care and support to individuals and families in crisis by attending a CRM certification training course.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Submit Online Application – http://bit.ly/crmvolapp
- Pay $50 Application & Certification Training Fee
- Upload or forward a copy of driver’s license or government issued identification
- Pass Background Check.
- Must submit prior to Certification Training Course:
- Testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Pastoral/Church Letter of Recommendation
- Recommendation by your local CRM Chapter Director
- Chaplain Certification requires applicant to provide copy of Certificate of Ordination, Ministerial License or certificate from a recognized Christian Chaplaincy Organization.
- Attend and Complete the next CRM Foundations Training and Online Courses
- Order uniform
- Be “Prayed Up and Mission Ready.”
- Download PDF copy of Application Process
- We are actively switching to a new vendor for uniforms. Please check again soon for the updated ordering instructions.
Crisis Responders – Basic
Training: CRM’s 8-hour Basic training module.
Crisis Responders – Advanced
Training: CRM’s 8-hour Advanced training module.
Chaplains – Advanced
Training: CRM’s 8-hour Advanced Chaplains training module.
Additional Requirements: Chaplains must submit a copy of certificate of ordination, ministerial license, or certificate from a recognized Christian chaplaincy organization.
CRM Advanced Crisis Responders and Chaplains
About: CRM Advanced Crisis Responders and CRM Chaplains will receive notation on their identification badge that reflects they have met the requirements to be deployed at state-level event. It is possible that a state-level deployment could occur in our local communities during a major disaster and only CRM Chaplains and Advanced Crisis Responders will be able to deploy.
Additional Advanced Training Opportunities:
- CRM's 16-hour Advanced training module
- Psychological First Aid https://www.nctsn.org/treatments-and-practices/psychological-first-aid-and-skills-for-psychological-recovery/about-pfa
- FEMA’s NIMS ICS-100 course https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-100.c
- FEMA’s NIMS ICS-700 course https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.b
- Certifications of non-CRM coursework must be submitted to CRM prior to certification as a CRM Chaplain or Crisis Responder.
- CRM Chaplains must submit a copy of certificate of ordination, ministerial license, or certificate from a recognized Christian chaplaincy organization.
CRM Crime Victim Services Unit (CVSU) certification
- CRM’s 16-hour Advanced CVS training module
- Speak to your Chapter Director about crime victim related courses required by the Executive Director from Texas Victim’s Assistance Training and the Office of Victim of Crime (OVC) Training and Technical Assistance Center Training (online)
Online Training Sites and Courses (Download PDF)
Certification Renewal / Moving Forward
- Attend eight hours of continuing education per year.
- Stay up to date with annual membership renewal fees, specified below.
- Keep uniform in good condition and at the ready.
- Stay “Prayed Up and Mission Ready.”
Paying Renewal Fees
To renew online, follow the steps below:
- Go to the CRM website – www.crmtx.org or CRM certification renewal - http://bit.ly/crmgive
- Select the “GIVE” button at the top right of the CRM Home page
- Enter the application or renewal fee amount of $50.00
- In the drop-down select "Credential Fees"
- Under "Frequency" select "One time"
- Enter your "Email" address
- Enter your "First Name" and "Last Name"
- Select "Continue"
- Select your "Payment Method"
- Select "Give $50 Now"
- Complete your transaction
- You will receive a payment confirmation and receipt from "Churchcenter.com"
If you wish to renew by check or money order:
- Make your check or money order payable to “Crisis Response Ministry”
- On the memo line, include the “Name” of the person(s) and the word “Renewal” Example: “JIM MCKEE RENEWAL”
- Mail to:
Crisis Response Ministry
PO Box 131597
Tyler, TX 75713
Do not hesitate to contact your Chapter Director if you have any questions.
CRM’s basic operational and logistical training is required for all new volunteers. It includes an overview of CRM as well as your role and responsibilities as a future Crisis Responder.
We require our members to attend eight hours of continuing education annually to renew their credentials. The courses may be taken virtually or in person, as available.
Additional courses on a number of topics are open CRM team members who have completed the Foundations coursework.
Training course is complete. Additional training coming soon!
Connect with crisis response ministry
Crisis Response Ministry holds local chapter meetings, each headed by its own Chapter Director.
The local Chapter Director is a great source of guidance and information for becoming a volunteer.
Please do not hesitate to contact yours for more information.
Chaplain Gaye Gardner, Chapter Director
El Paso Region
Chaplain Ozzie Carrasco, Chapter Director
Chaplain Larry Hunt, Chapter Director
Chaplain Glen Cato, Chapter Director
Kay Brady, Chapter Director
Chaplain Jim McKee, Chapter Director
Sherry Glaze, Chapter Director
Lacrecia Davidson, Chapter Coordinator
Crisis Response Ministry is committed to your privacy and will not share your personal information with a third party individual or organization without your express consent.
PO Box 131597
Tyler, TX 75713
401 E. Front Street
Tyler, TX 75702
Crisis Response Ministry is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions are tax deductible within guidelines of U.S. law.